Sunday, October 25, 2009

Richard Lui

So I found out about Richard Lui recently while trying to put together a Powerpoint about Asian Americans and media. Asian men are HIGHLY underrepresented in the broadcast media industry, and Richard Lui, according to Wikipedia, is the "Only Asian American solo-anchoring a national newscast" and the "First Chinese American male to anchor a weekday national newscast". Ever since I came back from my internship this summer, I've been scouring the internet for respectable Asian Americans in the industry that I can look to for inspiration and motivation (I need a LOT of it right now).

Unfortunately I never ended up doing the presentation, but I did come across this video. It's pretty random (if you know me, I can get random-er than this), but I thought it was kinda cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just wiki'd mr. lui and apparently he used to work at Mrs. Field's cookies! so versatile. i like

jwongy said...

that was such a random video about him!! but he looks cool. what an upstanding dude. teehehehee =]

C said...

canto pplz represent! i like him too :) and i really wish there are more of him out there :(

bbangkkooddongkkoo said...

he's pretty cute